Friday, September 13, 2013

Adventure is out there!


New York City is abounding with culture – from museums to restaurants, parades to Broadway shows.  There is always something spectacular occurring in the city that never sleeps.  The prospect of exploring it all is exciting, but for tourists on their first trip to the city, simply figuring out how to spend a day can be overwhelming.  With the overload of activities and sights to see, it is even difficult for current residents of the city to figure out what to experience during their downtime. Never fear – with this blog I hope to illuminate some hidden (and some not so hidden) gems of the city for you to experience that will make you fall in love with or rekindle your passion for this incredible place. 


My friend Kelly (on right) and I (on left) exploring
Governors Island, NYC on a bike. 
I’m a dancer in the New York City Ballet with a passion for self-expression through movement. I moved to the city from Winston-Salem, North Carolina when I was 17 years old to pursue a career in dance, and I am so grateful to have been given the opportunity to fulfill my dream.  Since I have now lived here for the past four years, and have danced en pointe with the company for the past three, I’d like to call myself a New Yorker and share some of the best “pointes” to visit.  The arts in particular add so much to the city’s vibe, which is why I would like to use my experiences at the ballet as inspiration for possible city excursions to take this fall.  As someone who loves to plan, I’ll put together mini-itineraries for morning, afternoon, or evening adventures for both travelers and residents alike to explore all that New York City has to offer. The New York City Ballet performance season is just about to start, and these excursions are sure to match the level of diversity and fun we experience onstage!  

As said in my favorite movie UP, “Adventure is out there!”

Stay tuned for my suggestions! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to your recommended adventure itineraries...I too live in & love NYC & always enjoy discovering something new or fun to do!

    ReplyDelete